How to apply false eyelashes
Applying false eyelashes requires a little patience and practice. It is an art that every makeup lover should master. False eyelashes can make your eyes look fuller and larger. Picking the right false eyelashes is the first lesson you need to learn. There are numerous types of false eyelashes in the market full and flare to simple to ultra dramatic. Pick one that fit the occasion.
Second you must know that you don't have to use the entire false eyelashes in the package. Shorten it if you need to. Customize it to the length that fits your eye is important.
Third, give yourself enough time. Don't try it five minutes before leaving to a big party. Sounds easy but somehow we always forget.
Forth, prep your lids. Lashes stick better to clean lids so wash your eye area with oil free makeup remover.
You must have these tools ready before applying false eyelashes.
Tweezer, False Eyelahes (of course), Adhesive (DUO Lash Adhesive is my favorite) and Fine Tipped Eyeliner Brush.
Now you are ready to apply the false eyelashes.
- Using a Tweezer and remove the false eyelashes from the packaging.
- Trim the band to fit the width of your eye.
- Dip a skinny eyeliner brush in lash glue and lightly paint the back of the strip. The glue dries in about three minutes so speed it up or lash won't stick.
- Starting at the outer corner of your eye, apply the last close to your lash line and press down across your eye to the inner corner.
- Let the glue dry, and then apply dark eyeliner to camouflage the line of the fake lashes and then apply your mascara. The mascara will help blend your own lashes with the fake ones.